The Sterilization Technician delivers an awesome patient experience and is a key part of the change we create in our patient's smiles!
• Provide an Ultimate Patient Experience with each patient by engaging with the patient and parent (if applicable) and performing clinical duties effectively in the scheduled appointment time.
• Maintain a clean, sterile environment. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and clean each clinical chair/instrument in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
• Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor.
•Prepare tray setups for regular appointments, IB appointments
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each chair, replenishing as needed.
• Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
• Take impressions and make retainers
• Keep lab neat and orderly
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• After care communication (care calls, note cards etc.)
• Regular and punctual attendance
Travel required to Gulfport and Carriere, MS clinics
What a successful Lab Technician looks like:
• Outgoing (not afraid to sing and dance with patients)
• Empathetic • Knowledgeable
• Willing to learn and be taught
About this position:
• Work-life balance
• Smile Doctors offers its team members a comprehensive and competitive menu of benefits! Medical, Vision, Dental, and other supplemental coverages available.
• Previous experience in an orthodontic or dental office
• High school or equivalent
This job operates in an upbeat clinical office environment. This role routinely uses standard dental equipment such as x-rays, clinical hand tools, mirrors, etc. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, printers, and cameras.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is required to routinely use their hands with detailed dexterity when performing job duties. This is a moderately active role; the team member will be required to sit, stand, walk, and bend over routinely to perform all duties.