Why You'll Love This Job!
Join an energetic work environment at a rapidly growing organization where you will receive competitive pay and enjoy a fantastic work/life balance in this Market Leader position with Smile Doctors.
As Market Leader, you will hold an important, central role within the organization, with the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills as you lead the charge in ensuring the success of Smile Doctors' practices in the Louisiana area. Your expertise and experience will prove invaluable to those who rely on you for the information they need to make informed decisions. This top-shelf role offers ample opportunity for growth and advancement. As a member of the Smile Doctors family, choose between two healthcare plans that include dental and vision, plus Basic Life and AD&D.
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance to the top, join Smile Doctors, where hard work and fun go hand-in-hand. Apply for our Market Leader job opening today!
Market Leader Responsibilities
- Create/maintain a culture that contributes to delivering the Ultimate Patient Experience
- Build and maintain positive, productive working relationships internally and externally
- Drive clinic growth and development through strategic plans and assessing growth opportunities
- Monitor key performance indicators on a daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Lead a group of Practice Directors in creating the Ultimate Patient Experience at each location
- Conduct recruiting, hiring, performance evaluations, and provide coaching for regional Practice Directors
- Serve as a liaison between practice director and operations regarding work assignments, clinical priorities, and clinic performance
- Oversee schedule to align with doctors, school days and team needs
- Provide HIPAA/OSHA training; monitor team members training through Smile Doctors University
- Manage all controllable costs including but not limited to inventory, supplies, and maintenance to keep operations profitable
Market Leader Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven experience as a Regional Manager
- Able/willing to travel to various locations (30% travel with compensation)
- Strong analytical, data and process background
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to execute on deliverables
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization to initiate and drive change
- Ability to lead and motivate a distributed functional team
- Proficiency with software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Job Number: 20738